Monday 8 April 2019

Harbour Street Ramsgate and Northdown Road Cliftonville Margate 1926 Kelly's Map - preunification stations and railway

A few dozen old photos of Harbour Street Ramsgate and Northdown Road Cliftonville Margate, to get you in the mood for Kelly's and the map. 

I have often wondered why some shops move the stock around all the time, I can Manage Waitrose, Aldi and Iceland in Ramsgate where they only do this occasionally. Here in Michael's Bookshop I have been moving books around. I have to do this occasionally because subjects get more popular. At the moment I have been working on more rock music and less cross stitch, embroidery, books about antiques. A moderately busy day but we did also manage to put some books out on the shelves.
















































 As promised here is the map, this is what makes the difference between expensive and very expensive with Thanet Kelly's, although I am not selling this one and hope to do a cheap reprint of the map fairly soon, if my wife wasn't a book collector too I could have a bit of explaining to do.

If you click on the map it will expand a certain amount.

If you click on this link the map should be expandable to a size big enough to read



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.