Wednesday 17 April 2019

Old St. Peter's Broadstairs pictures, Manston and the local elections, Bookshop Easter closing times

Red Arrows, Russian Roulette, Manston Summer 1968, this picture is from one of the local books I publish this the link to it

The reason for the Manston DCO part of the post is that I have been commenting on Paul Joseph Messenger's Facebook post about it, here is the link to the post He is one of Ramsgate's County Councillors and standing in the District Council elections.

About a year ago RiverOak RSP who have applied to get the government to compulsorily purchase the Manston site using a DCO published a non technical summery of their plans here is the link to it although the link to it is still on their website I can't get it to open from there. I wouldn't read much into that as they don't seem to have much webwriting acumen, so it vanishing at the moment is most likely an itc glitch, rather than them deleting something they wish the hadn't written. 

The bit of the Non Technical Summery that concerned me the most was 1.1.108 “There is health evidence drawn from the scientific literature that allows potential impacts on mortality and rates of certain diseases due to changes in noise and air pollutant exposure to be predicted quantitatively (in numerical terms). The scientific evidence shows that, depending on the level of noise or air pollution concentration, these may affect diseases of the heart, lungs and circulation system, mental health and wellbeing, and the overall risk of premature death.”

While I admire people who will put their lives on the lines for what they believe in, since I read this I have been trying to find out the number of people involved and the reduction in health and life expectancy associated with having an airfreight hub at Manston.

Work wise Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate closes on Sundays, Thursdays and bank holidays, so this Easter we are closed tomorrow Thursday, bank holiday Good Friday, open on Saterday and then closed on Sunday and bank holiday Monday.

Next up are a group of three old photos of St. Peters, which is the medieval village that Broadstairs developed from, so sort of part of each other.






Date wise I would think early 1900s, any help with this from people who really know St Peter's appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.