Wednesday 3 April 2019

Link to the council election candidates and some pictures

Apparently there was a lot of police activity here in King Street Ramsgate link to news item we were at work in the bookshop and it seemed to be moderately busy all day, no one here noticed anything.

A couple of before and after photos taken here in Ramsgate, the same streetlamp appears in both of them
This was taken in 2009

This one today

another one from ten years ago, progress here is strange.

2009

Today

Here is the link to the rest of the photos I took today

All snapshots handheld so some of the long zoom shots will be blurry, the gallery shots are the new exhibition in Nice Things awaiting my knowing about the exhibition so I can post about it.

 A couple of archive photos of Ramsgate harbour next

 I think this is the mayor of Margate  William Booth Reeve
 This the Ramsgate 1905 tram accident


hopefully this link should take you to the candidates for the forthcoming council elections 

It may be worth looking at the list for the ward you live in to see if you can find anyone you know, has an online presence, would take up an issue for you.

With some of the candidates you can even tell if they live in your ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.