Monday 22 April 2019

Dreamland and Margate Easter Bank Holiday 2019 photos and some old Dreamland photos a rare picture of me testing the facilities for the mature visitor




As a local businessperson I think the main recent Thanet improvements are the reopening of Dreamland in Margate and Wetherspoons in Ramsgate. In this capacity I often test these facilities and also do my best to take some photos and store them on the internet, so today it was Margate with camera and brush.

Anyway the links to the photos should be at the bottom of this blog post and I will try to fill the first bit with historic Dreamland photos.

We are back at work tomorrow the last batch of books went out on Saturday here is the link to them 

Margate and Dreamland, the verdict is.

Dreamland has improved a lot since it first reopened.

I think traffic management and parking in particular is probably the main constraining element at the moment, we parked in Morrison's multi story which was easy, when we arrived at Dreamland parking was difficult at the car parks there. The other big issue is that the heavy traffic on Marine Parade cuts off the amusements from the beach and creates air pollution in an area where people have come for the fresh air.

Margate town centre is still a problem and I think the root of this is that Westwood Cross changed Thanet from an area with about the right amount of retail space for businesses to survive with moderate difficulty, into an area with far too much shop space for anything much to work.

With thousands of visitors in Margate today and very few shops for them to spend their money in, combined with the number of days when there are thousands of visitors being relatively low, it is hard to see a good solution.

























With today's photos the groups that are nearly the same are the ones I hope to make GIF animation with.

Margate and Dreamland photos 22.4.2019 1

Dreamland and Margate photos 22.4.2019 2

Dreamland 2015 Blog post with pictures 

Photos of Margate and Dreamland June 2016

Photos of Margate Dreamland temporary fair 2012 1

Photos of Margate Dreamland temporary fair 2012 2

Photos of Margate Dreamland temporary fair 2012 3

As promised a rare photo of me testing out newly opened local facilities for the more mature resident.

 These two gif animations were made with the same photos the second one using the photos in reverse order

 Bit of sketching over a cuppa and a snack in The Cinque Ports, pleasant pub with good food and if I get time I will go back and do some more to the sketch another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.