Saturday 27 April 2019

Old Thanet photos, Posting Painting from the Royal Victoria Pavilion Ramsgate aka Wetherspoons.

Salmestone Grange, in roughly the words of the song, it's younger than that now.

This and that in today's post I have just got back from painting at the Pav here in Ramsgate, more of that further down the post. The computer that I usually work on/at in the bookshop has just been changed for a faster one and I am checking it out while the grownup who changed it for me is still here.

Hence and f'rinstance a link to the bigger pictures possibly too big, on the other hand - not the expected four fingers thumb etc. but this works better for the Nikon P610. Vide ligo 

As you may have seen, having built a wooden building in Charlotte Court the are lining the outside with bricks. I recently watched the same technique in Canterbury.

What with BREXIT, and the local elections I sort of feel I should say something or another, with the locals where it should be for and about who you would like to get elected, it does seem to be about trying to keep out who you really don't want to get in.

I wonder what the local situation will be with climate change. In one way, is there much local government can do about it? In the other, how much will the climate change changes impact on what local government can do?







HMS Revenge


I think this is the "new" Margate lighthouse after rebuilding after the 1953 storm.







I am writing this post in The Pav aka Spoons, Saturdays are becoming a day off for me, in the sense that I do something different. Dealing in books and working on versions aspects of Thanet's local history can easily take over. On the painting front the idea is to try to improve on my sketch drawn inside the Pav by drawing/painting it again, especially looking at the faults in the previous sketch.

Another aspect of this is adding bits to the previous sketch is the floor, especially the parquet bit. This is both brown and very dark coloured almost black, but also reflective so parts of it are almost white. A lot of light comes from the windows behind it. A sort of What's black and white and brown all over?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.