Thursday 25 April 2019

Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs photos historic and 2013

 I was off around the area buying books for Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate which is where I work today. A round trip up the north Kent coast and coming back via Canterbury. Most of what I buy is what I would loosely call bookshop fiction. A lot of it falls into either being literary or genre fiction and on the whole it is easier to understand what I mean by looking at a few pictures. We put a lot out yesterday and here is the link to the pictures of it    should you need to turn some of your paperbacks into cash, then this type of stuff.

The other type which I would roughly classify as fairly recent bestsellers, the type of book that mostly has a life in supermarkets followed by charity shops, for the most part doesn't get as far as our main fiction alphabet but goes out at 50p mostly on the shelving in one of our shop windows.

On the way back we followed the number 9 Canterbury to Ramsgate bus and the fumes from it were so bad we had to drop back and adjust the ventilation in the car so it wasn't taking in air from outside. 

Not good when one considers using public transport to reduce pollution and to be honest I don't really know what to do about it.

With the following eclectic batch of archive photos I think the most striking thing is what a benefit the heritage pontoons were in Ramsgate and what a pity the council removed them.
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.