Friday 5 April 2019

A few early aircraft in Thanet pictures and a bit of a painting blogging ramble at Wetherspoons Ramsgate


 Ramsgate Harbour 1914 I think
 I think this is Westgate based only really on it being with the next one
This is the RNAS camp at Westgate so WW1

Writing this post in The Royal Victoria Pavilion aka Wetherspoons Ramsgate in between bouts of painting while listening to versions BBC podcasts of what I can only describe as a self improving nature.
A tip here for using a Bluetooth keyboard to type into your phone is to have the phone's virtual keyboard open at the same time, this helps with auto correcting as you go.


I guess two aspects of painting here are the way people use the staircase and how to express this in terms of sketching a moving person or moving people and the technology producing a wired blue light that reflects off of people's faces in different ways,

Another spot the difference I'm afraid, about as much sponged off as painted on

I have been listening to stuff on philosophy, psychology, science and so on. at the moment apart from brushing up my physics which gets rusty every few years, I am particularly interested in the recent information on the human brain, and I suppose an extension of this is how the brain is managing to come to terms with the new technology.

interesting also how many major academic figures had some sort of nervous breakdown in their late teens or early twenties. I think this may be related to the expansion of white matter in the brain at this point in life.

Work wise another busy day at Michael's Bookshop where I work here in Ramsgate. I have been checking the soft craft books, reducing and saleing off old stock, needlepoint and cross-stitch have sold very badly over the last couple of years and most of what we had has been consigned to the 50ps, embroidery didn't fare much better, I guess mobile devices have taken over.

Here is the link to the books we put out today more flying boats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.