Friday 12 April 2019

The Funeral of Ramsgate Fireman Charles West in 1915, Margate fires and firemen

Captain Charles West’s Funeral took place on Saturday 20th march 1915 he died on Wednesday 17th March 1915 aged 64, he was our much respected chief fire officer. Ramsgate fireman acted as pallbearers, fire crews from all over the county sent representatives.

If you expand the picture and look carefully you can see the coffin cover with the union jack is being carried on a fire appliance.




On to Margate fires and firemen














Here in the bookshop with the Easter holidays we are fairly busy, lots of children and you young people on a budget buying books to read.

this is the link to the books we put out today

The watercolour sketch is coming along

link to today's photos

Busy in Wetherspoons this evening and the have got a new ordering app which is better than the old one.


1 comment:

  1. In the 2nd Picture from the top - which churchyard was he buried in?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.