Sunday 7 April 2019

Northdown Road Cliftonville Margate. 2009 photos 1961 Kelly's Harbour Street Ramsgate 1961 Kelly's and painting down the Pav

 So starting with the Northdown Road Cliftonville Margate. 2009 photos, these will probably expand if you click on them. I am often taken to task over publishing too many photos but for the very dedicated here is the link to the series of linked pages of photos I took on that day back in 2009.



















 Next Kelly's these should expand to make them easier to read however full size pictures can be found using the link near the end of this post. A Thanet Kelly's directory for the late 1960s will set you back about £30 for a fairly scruffy one without a map and about £50 for a reasonable condition one with its map still in it. It's a sliding scale with an 1880s one setting you back over £200, easy to confirm looking at the sold listings on Ebay. If you can't afford the originals then here is the link to the cheap reprints of useful part we publish once you have gone there use the links down the side of the page to navigate between different directories. We always do our best to help people obtain the original ones but the are hard to get.






here is the link to the photos I took today

As I said this included the larger photos of the Kelly's pages

 A big scrub off and repaint on my watercolour sketch of The Royal Victoria Pavilion Ramsgate aka Wetherspoons today. If you paint in watercolour then the only paper I have found that allows you to sponge off like this is Bockingford Not. By this I mean use a wet sponge an a tissue to get your mistakes of of it.

Apart from coming to Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate, where I work, to buy old or new Thanet directories, for the very dedicated

here is the link to the books that went out yesterday

Visiting the bookshop by car, we are right next to a large car park.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.