Thursday 3 January 2019

Mostly Margate, old photos today’s photos,

 North Foreland Lighthouse postmarked 1911 so taken before then, to Ethel from Florence
 unfortunately the rest of today's postcards haven't been posted so don't say anything on the back







The bookshop being closed today we went out bookshopping,

Demelza Hospice Care for Children Bookshop in Herne Bay

Hooked on Books in Margate High Street

Pilgrims Hospices Old Bank Bookshop in Margate

Margate photos, mostly sunset 

Here is the link to them

Herne Bay Photos, not many of them 

Here is the link to them

Our bookshop, Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate wise, first our what we are up to blog

Here is the link to that

The books we priced and put out yesterday

Here is the link to that

It was a fairly demanding day and by three we got to Turner Contemporary aiming for a bacon sarni, but their cooker had broken down and so I had to settle for a cuppa and a Chocolate Brownie with Praline. I think praline must be a verity of peanut - does that sound right or perhaps I misread the label, anyway it was OK.

No change to the exhibitions apart from the children's one that is in the Margate Photos.

Nothing however beats the sunset, as WMT said "the skies over Margate" so that was a bit of allright.

Back to work in the bookshop tomorrow, I think the trick is to have something that you quite like doing and bookshops fit that bill for me.

A further note, mostly to me, using the Nikon P610 on macro to copy local photos is speeding up the blog writing process. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.