Sunday 20 January 2019

Photos inside the Granville's Tower in Ramsgate, some photos of Canterbury today

I took these photos of the inside of the tower on the Ganville in 2011
 These two are of the motor for the Otis Waygood lift

  note the brickwork in these two



 more Otis


 The view is impressive  and if you want to see more of it this is a link to a series of linked pages of the view

 Water tanks relater to its original use which was to provide a head of water to the spa at the Granville Hotel


 The graffiti relates to when it was used as a lookout tower in WW1 WW2 and of course some later although access isn't easy.







  The height of the tower was reduced in 1900, I assume it became unstable.

On to Canterbury today, I mainly went to buy some books for Michael's Bookshop here in Ramsgate

This is the link to the pictures of the books that went out yesterday

I did a bit of painting from Chocolate Cafe and took some photos, mostly Canterbury and the moon

This is the link to today's photos on my camera card

If I get a chance I will go through and delete the worst of them, I am afraid that because copying the whole content of my camera card and pasting it to the internet is much easier than looking at the individual photos and choosing the best ones. Well what? I suppose I tend to use the internet like a communal rubbish bin. 

Back the late 1960s I learnt some stuff about electronics on the way to becoming a mechanic of sorts in the 1970s and today while explaining about transistor polarity I used Google to get an illustrated picture about transistor polarity. Pretty much the first website had a polarity illustration error, this is the link to it   it says it dates from 2003. If you understand this sort of thing, you may want to have a go at spotting the error.

Anyway the upshot of this is that I will be writing an electronics blog and associated facebook group called Slowhump, the name relates to an error an aunt of mine made, assuming the sign was to a place of that name.

1 comment:

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.