Wednesday 9 January 2019

Libération, the Mayor and Painting @ Wetherspoons in Ramsgate

First some old Margate Photos



Interesting that the Americans in this instance couldn't tell the difference between a motor vehicle and one pulled by a horse, I expect there was some sort of linguistic breakdown. When an America says. "I'm mad about my flat." He or she means they are angry about having gotten a puncture, whereas a person speaking the UK version of English probably means they like their apartment. 







For those of you who didn't lunch at the Royal Victoria Pavilion, aka Wetherspoons here in Ramsgate
the view looked like this.

I did a bit more on the daubing front and on the way out bumped into Ramsgate's esteemed mayor who was being interviewed by Libération about BREXIT so they also photographed and interviewed me en passant.

Pretty tricky as I had just been painting and so my eyes were connected to my hand and much of my consciousness was a bit unconscious, so the mayor, the ear, the bed and the camera....
The painting - which I think goes into the "From an Undesirable Seat" file associated with plein air watercolour painting situated in a busy place that you wish to return to, is progressing. Spot the difference.

I also took a few snaps, Nikon P610

Here is the link to the rest of them


BREXIT for me helps to explain why hope was left in Pandora's Jar

1 comment:

  1. Sun just reporting ex councillor pilot from Westgate killed in fog in Spain.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.