Wednesday 30 January 2019

Scouting for Boys in Ramsgate and stuff

 Interesting transitional picture of Ramsgate here as you can see I think it probably dates the 1880s, the English Heritage listing seems to lump the arcade of shops in with Royal Parade, 'ROYAL PARADE Terraced road with arcading and balustrading and parade of shops at a higher level. 1893-95, W.A. Mcintosh Valon, Engineer. Red brick and terracotta with Pulhamite terraces and cast iron gas standards. Base arcading (backing Military Road) with moulded and keyed surrounds to arcading with boarded doors, set at 2 levels to larger arches,'

The next lot of pictures are from 2009








 Boy Scouts next

 November 13th 1921 scouts mayors day church parade St George's Church
 October 14th 1923 scouts outside the Royal Temple Yacht Club
 scouts mayors parade 1947, car park Elms Avenue Queen Street?
 mayors parade 1947 High Street Goulden and Wind's picture house
 Back to 2009 and the big patch to the dodgy bit in the middle of the Pleasurama cliff wall, it begs the question. 'Would you like to live in a flat next to it?'
Next fly tipping back in the good old days, I would guess slag from the gasworks, something to consider swimming in.

Next the new Kate Baker Exhibition at Nice Things in Harbour Street
I am not entirely happy with the pictures I took of this, so will go back and have another go.

I did get a short paint at the Pav aka Spoons

Mostly little people who will mostly be painted over with railings.
The sunset kept on dragging me away

Here is the link to the rest of the photos I took today

The pontoons have gone but
The sign is either still there or has come back.

Just managed to find
The whole picture, with the date on it


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.