Tuesday 15 January 2019

Photos of the part of the Granville going under the hammer

A big chunk of Pugin's Granville is going to be auctioned on Tuesday 5th February 2019, 11:00 am at The Clive Emson Conference CentreMaidstone, ME14 3JF

This is the link to the lot

Some pictures of it





















 For the very keen there are four interlinked pages of pages of more pictures

Here is the link to them

I took them a while ago so things may have changed a bit.

I used to go for a pint in there back in 1960/70 something or another, I seem to remember it has quite a considerable service charge attached to maintaining the whole building. Whether it would viable as a business in this day and age I don't really know.



The star item is the Pugin fireplace like the one in parliament, the photo is from the Wikipedia article Here is the link to it 

The motto on the coat of arms - frangas non flectes - You may break me, but you shall not bend me, has taken on a different meaning to the one intended. Let's hope it get straightened out.

Work wise today 


A very quiet day in the bookshop which I put down to BREXIT 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.