Wednesday 23 January 2019

Ramsgate in 1966 photos and stuff

 Can anyone identify the tall ship in the foreground, this is about the time we moved to Ramsgate
 The advantage of having photos from a guide like this is that you can be reasonably certain that they were taken the previous year, in this case 1965.
 I think this would be inside The Royal Victoria Pavilion

 The block of beach chalets was demolished to make way for the Port of Ramsgate access road.



 This is the guesthouse we bought around 1966



to help with price comparisons the average weekly wage in 1966 was £20.6s.1d last year 2017 it was £550.

Apart from working as a shop assistant at Michael's Bookshop here in Ramsgate, which today was mostly answering questions questions like. 'Who lived in my house in Ramsgate in 1966?' Which is easily answered along the lines of. 'The best I can do is who lived in your house in 1963." Followed by showing the customer where the 1963 directories are and how the directory works.

Here is the link

I added to my new blog about electronics.

Here is the link

I skived off to The Royal Victoria Pavilion and did a bit more painting. I took a few photos on the way, here they are, click on them to expand them.

 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.