Monday 14 January 2019

Ramsgate and Margate history photos and a wosisname


Here is a list of the Ramsgate all weather lifeboats
Dates in serviceClassONOp. No.NameComments
1851–1865Self-RighterNorthumberland
1866–1877Self-RighterBradford
1887–1893Self-RighterON 117Bradford
1893–190542ft Self-RighterON 350Bradford
1905–192643ft Self-RighterON 537Charles and Susanna Stephens
1926–1953Ramsgate-classON 697PrudentialFirst motor lifeboat at station
1953–197646ft 9in Watson-classON 901Michael and Lily Davis
1976–1990Waveney-classON 104244-016Ralph and Joy Swann
1990–1994Tyne-classON 115447-036Kenneth Thelwall II
1994–presentTrent-classON 119714-02Esme Anderson
It comes from the Wikipedia article 



Not strictly Thanet but an interesting reflection on transport of that time





I think this is probably Uncle Bones 1850 - 1928
This was where Hades Night Club was when Cliftonville Lido ended I think if you are lucky Google will take you to a pinterest dead end.
Interesting to see the the recurring local political issues and of course now a reflection on Google which is fine for taking you to sites that want your money but not so good for taking anyone interested to the main article on the subject here is the link to it


I have had one of those butter side down days and struggled to get anything much done.

However some star fiction books delivered from a remainder company, so multiple copies of the best of them and brand new but at secondhand prices. Some Ursula Le Guin that I have neither read before or possess.

This is the link to pictures of the ones we put out in the bookshop today



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.