Friday 4 January 2019

Reading the Back of the Picture the small end of local history and the shops in King Street Ramsgate in 1974

 The type of local history we often deal with in the bookshop here in Ramsgate is very local indeed
 so far however it doesn't extend to what's written on the back of local postcards.
 To me the most useful part is the date on the postmark, in this case 1925











Most people want to know who lived in their house and I live above the Bookshop at 72


 I can of course remember Design and Colour, we had a guesthouse in Augusta Road in 1974, bought paint and wallpaper there remember noticing it walking down Plains of Waterloo, on the way to the town.

I started writing the blog in Wetherspoons tonight, but as I didn't get very far
My fruit salad turned up, then the card game finished, well you know how it is.

Work wise today here is the link to the pictures of the books we put out today 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.