Saturday 18 May 2019

Photos of The Tall Ships at Ramsgate in 2007, Ramsgate Eastcliff, Broadstairs print, Margate including caves

 The Ramsgate photos relate to two folders that I had published online some years ago and had become corrupted due to switching web hosting arrangements.

A few out and about photos today here is the link 
















Link to the rest of the Tall Ships Photos

On to Broadstairs

This is Broadstairs in about 1830, the picture should expand if you have a bit of a click at it, every so often rumours, historic documents and so on come up relating to a shipbuilding industry in Broadstairs.

This link takes you to a previous post containing an interesting historic document about the subject 

We publish a book about it here is the link to it

Margate Next







On the personal front I skived off to sketch this afternoon



I have to say that with the direction of the sun and my desire to sit outside my options were pretty limited, I often wonder why there are no seats on the crosswall facing the town. I think the main issue though is getting a view that can't easily be spoiled by someone parking in front of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.