Sunday 26 May 2019

Margate Meltdown Tomorrow and a few pictures of previous Meltdowns Etc.


Back in the day I had several motorbikes the last one I had was was a Norton Dominator, 1958 88 Wideline 500 cc, like the one in the picture above although my one was scruffier. In the 1970s I enjoyed commuting to work from Ramsgate to Stevenage on various motorbikes.

Anyway I sometimes go to Margate Meltdown and look at the bikes although over the years my interests have moved from engineering to the arts.

Next are links to some photos of the 2011 Margate Meltdown.










Canterbury today and on the sketching front I am still experimenting with both shop window reflections and populating paintings with people.
 The two Canterbury sketches on this sheet of paper which I folds up so it fits in my sketchbook which fits in my pocket started out as letterbox format but the people sort of fell into the other letterbox.
This is a detail

As you see I don't exactly suffer for art.

Next some pictures of Margate events



These are only labelled as Margate event

 The scaffold on the end of the pier blownup here is unusual, any ideas anyone?

Back in 2011 Dreamland hadn't opened but Carter's Steam Fair was on the Dreamland site so here are the photos of that.

Link 1

Link 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.