Sunday 12 May 2019

York street Ramsgate in the 1960s and other Thanet archive photos and a bit of Canterbury today

 Not the best quality photo but a view of Ramsgate that you don't often see.

Work wise we bought a few books for the bookshop in Canterbury today

Here is the link to photos of the books we put out yesterday





 This is 4 Grove Road Ramsgate and early 1900s
 This is outside the Sands Station in Ramsgate later to become Pleasurama et al not sure if this link to the Pleasurama plans on the TDC website will work as it is a very cranky website  if you can't get it to work here is the application ref F/TH/03/1200




Some Margate photos next













I did a bit more to my watercolour sketch of Costa in Canterbury from Waterstones, not sure what to make of this one so far but I got drawn back to it.

I took some pictures with my Canon S3 IS as I am lending it to someone tomorrow and digital cameras that haven't been used for a while tend to not work properly.

Here is the link to today's Canterbury photos 

For a camera that you can buy very cheaply on Ebay link to sold listings it is an interesting and versatile toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.