Saturday 4 May 2019

No Overall Control at TDC, Parish and Town Election result Glitches and some old local pictures for you to look at

 This one is called Aztec Fitness at Margate Carnival

 Harbour Street used to go all the way to the Sands Station so back in the day Harbour Parade was called Harbour Street
 I think this shows the demolition of The White Horse at St Lawrence, a pub with an interesting history here is the link

I have been trying to understand the local elections, the coverage of the Town/parish council elections has been minimal and there are errors in the results on the TDC website, with candidates who were obviously elected showing as "Not elected"

 As far as I can see the district elections that is Thanet District Council, effectively mean no change.

This is how the election went at TDC and I think it means that Thanet Independents, who used to be UKIP and strongly pro the airfreight hub at Manston, will go back to supporting the Conservatives.

Like happened in the past with Pleasurama, RiverOak, RSP the people behind the airfreight hub have now turned into a UK company with the major holdings in a British Virgin Islands company, so I think on the whole people in Ramsgate have reservations about their intentions.

I do have hopes that there being a much larger amount of Labour councillors at TDC there will be a bit of change there.

With Ramsgate town council which until the election was UKIP, it has now turned into a Labour council. To my mind it is much healthier to have a town council standing on the opposite side of the political fence to the district council.

Another factor with Ramsgate Council is Trevor Shonk who was our UKIP mayor up to the election has lost his seat, so we will get a new Mayor.

That said I still maintain that the only option left to Thanet voters who would like to change the situation would be a mayoral election referendum petition, this is achievable and could result in us voting for the council leader.









 Margate ambulance corps
 Margate Caves old entrance
 This is Clifton Baths which later became Cliftonville Lido

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.