Friday 17 May 2019

Broadstairs Mostly

When we were in Broadstairs yesterday one of the questions was does it change much, in Broadstairs town centre it is pretty obvious that things have changed but not so easy to capture what was there before.

I have just been trying to find a few old and oldish Broadstairs photos and some of what I found I have put here or linked to here. I think most of it will expand if you click on it and the link to the extra pictures further down this post should be OK too.




This is 1948 aerial view, girls and map that is, my parents generation i.e. born 1920 to 1930, 90 to 100 now










Link to Broadstairs photos







Link to the books we put out today

Painting and dinner in The Royal Victoria Pavilion here in Ramsgate aka Wetherspoons this evening, this does beg the question, why so much busier than Broadstairs Pavilion?

Link to today's photos 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.