Sunday 23 December 2018

Snow, pictures mostly Ramsgate + possible ramble.

 Have you noticed how since we joined the EU we haven't had proper snow?


 These pictures of the snow in Ellington Park taken in the early 1970s seem to define the area when things went wrong.


 Times are changing though
 Back to the past
 not the thin stuff we have had in recent years
 I think the issue may be to do with aligning ourselves with countries with hotter climates.
 Personally as a member of the Australian flat earth society living here incognito and working in a bookshop - a somewhat dubious occupation - at the best of times, I blame the foreigners.
 What I want to know is, why hasn't the sea frozen for so long?
 Perhaps we are running out of different shaped snowflakes.







I went Christmas Shopping in Canterbury today,
the picture above gives you some idea of how I approach this. I was surprised that it was reasonably easy to park. I got various phone messages from the family members telling what was going on in the actual shops, apparently they were not very busy. I did wander into Waterstones for a bit to look at the art books that weren't shrink wrapped, a reasonably good proportion today. It was a lot quieter than I expected a far cry from when we had independent bookshops selling new books back in the 1950s, 60s and 70s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.