Monday 24 December 2018

Old and new Thanet pictures


I have been out looking for Father Christmas flying past the moon, which looks a bit egg shaped tonight over Ramsgate. It seems a bit unsporting to pray up and complain about this on Christmas Eve




We did manage to get out, on and off from what was a fairly busy day at work, so



The bookshop will be closed until Friday. Here in our flat above the bookshop, Christmas decorating is in a formative stage.

Old picture wise I'm afraid it's the lazy approach again, which is just taking photos of a few pictures near my desk

 This one that has a 1936 postmark, so must have been taken before then has the strange building coming from the bottom of the lift








 These next few are hand coloured steel engravings which it think date from before 1860
 The Sands Station was built around 1860 but these show the coastguard station that was on the site before it.





2 comments:

  1. happy christmas to you & the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas, Michael, to you and your family. Have a Wonderful New Year. Regards, John

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.