Monday 17 December 2018

Ramsgate Lasers are staying for another 5 days

Just had this email

Town Promoter town.promoter@ramsgatetc.org.uk


Hi All!

Just a quickie to let you know, I have managed to blag the lasers for the next 5 days so we will have them in Ramsgate for Winter Solstice!  As we have been so unfortunate with the weatehr but have all seen how good they can look with the right conditions, Will, the director of Definitive Special Projects Ltd has kindly allowed them to stay for this extended period as a gesture of goodwill.

I have attached the amended poster if you want to use it or go to my Visit Ramsgate facebook page or Visit Ramsgate UK twitter account and share my post on it!   

We are also having a laser display to see the New Year in (as we are no longer allowed fireworks at the harbour) and I will send you the promotional poster in the next few days for you to use. 

If you could all start doing some mist and cloud dances, it would be greatly appreciated! 😃 

Best Wishes

Rebekah Smith
on behalf of Ramsgate Town Council

I have posted straight away as I think it may impact on peoples plans for the next few evenings, the humidity is high for this evening  which should mean they show up better. below are a few photos I took the other night when the humidity was low. Science wise you can't see the laser light but you can see the water droplets in the air that it lights up.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.